Tor Browser isolates each website you visit so third-party trackers and ads can’t follow you. Any cookies automatically clear when you’re done browsing.
DEFEND AGAINST SURVEILLANCE
Tor Browser prevents someone watching your connection from knowing what websites you visit. All anyone monitoring your browsing habits can see is that you’re using Tor.
Tor aims to make all users look the same, making it difficult for you to be fingerprinted based on your browser and device information.
When you use Tor Browser for Android, your traffic is relayed and encrypted three times as it passes over the Tor network. The network is comprised of thousands of volunteer-run servers known as Tor relays. Watch this animation to learn more about how it works:
With Tor Browser for Android, you are free to access sites your local internet service provider may have blocked.
THIS APP IS MADE POSSIBLE BY DONORS LIKE YOU
Tor Browser is free and open source software developed the Tor Project, a nonprofit organization. You can help keep Tor strong, secure, and independent by making a donation. Give today, and Mozilla will match your gift: https://donate.torproject.org
Learn more about Tor Browser:
– Need help? Visit https://support.torproject.org. The manual is coming soon.
– Learn more about what’s happening at Tor: https://blog.torproject.org
– Follow the Tor Project on Twitter: https://twitter.com/torproject
ABOUT THE TOR PROJECT
The Tor Project, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) organization developing free and open source software for privacy and freedom online, protecting people from tracking, surveillance, and censorship. The Tor Project’s mission is to advance human rights and freedoms by creating and deploying free and open source anonymity and privacy technologies, support their unrestricted availability and use, and further their scientific and popular understanding.
Tor Browser 9.0a1 — May 21 2019
* Update Firefox to 60.7.0esr
* Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2019.5.6.1
* Use slider and about:tor localizations
* Fix Tor Preferences screen on older Android devices
* Prevent crash during start-up
* Restart app if Android kills it
* Rename “Tor Browser on Android” to “Tor Browser”
* Fix bug on Android 4.4 preventing start-up
See the blog post for more details: