Wifi Tracker is a WiFi scanner that can help you see the state of wireless networks in your area. Ever wanted to sniff out and plot those elusive open WiFi access points? This wi-fi scanner uses your GPS and WiFi in combination to scan for Wi-Fi hotspots, then saves their location to a file which you can then export a KML file to Google Earth, export to Kismet, or use realtime web uploads to scan and upload in realtime!
Excellent for wardriving in your car, to scan lots of hotspots – it can handle logging the position of thousands of access points without crashing and without posting duplicates.
WiFi Tracker APK Download for Android
Quite useful for site surveys (scanning for unsecured Wi-Fi access points), or surveying large areas as part of a larger security audit. Has slow down options for scanning whilst walking as well, so you can go for a stroll or a run around a site and the scanner will still work without consuming lots of battery power
- It can also be used if you just have a passing interest in seeing what is out there – for example, you could take a drive around your city center and see the state of access points (open, secured, insecure, etc).
- The CSV export lets you export the data for manipulation in your favorite spreadsheet editor (Excel, OpenOffice / LibreOffice), or visualize access points using the KML export.
- WiFi Tracker also knows about who made the access point that it has found so can detect most access points made by Netgear, d-link, 3com, apple, Linksys, and so on
- If the Torque app is also running on the device, and you have a high-resolution (QStarz 818XT) GPS device connected to that app, then WiFi Tracker will augment it’s GPS data automatically with the higher resolution data from Torque.
If you have any suggestions, drop me an email using the ‘contact developer’ link and I’ll see what I can do! Now you can learn about How to See Saved WiFi Password on Android.
* Back button now quits an app, press home to leave running in the background
* Add some more icons to describe access point types and also improve the detection of them
* Map now has an initial tilt
* Fixed a couple of crash/hang bugs
* Update to fix a security issue in file exporter
* Couple of hang fixes